Energy Efficient Widcombe is largely a volunteer group within the Widcombe Association, working with other local volunteer and professional groups, including Transition Bath, the BANES Sustainability team and Age UK.
We aim to involve and assist as many Widcombe residents as possible to: save energy, reduce carbon emissions, and identify those in fuel poverty, and those at risk of early death because of cold houses.
- Widcombe mainly has homes that are hard to make energy efficient
- Energy supplies are finite – and their cost will spiral affecting all of us
- Carbon emissions are harmful. In B&NES 41% is from our homes
How? Our current projects include :
- Running energy saving workshops at Widcombe Junior and Infant Schools
- Organising a series of workshops on draughtproofing
- Offering free Thermal Imaging assessments to local residents (subject to continued funding)
- Testing of Smart Thermometers, with Continuum Bridge and Designability
- Managing dissertation projects with Bath Spa University students
- Loaning electricity monitors to local residents