|Bath Green Homes Open Homes Weekend is this weekend!Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th September
Opening times: 12 noon to 5 pm (final admission)
Showcasing local homes that are warm, green, and cheap to run. All are FREE to visit and most are drop-ins except where indicated. Meet the home owners, hear their story first-hand, get informed and be inspired!
Homes around Widcombe:
- Late Victorian terrace – officially a ‘super-home’ for its energy efficiency, features internal wall insulation, solar water heating, under-floor heating, triple glazing (Pulteney Gardens, Widcombe)
- Self-build on a brownfield site by the canal, features combined heat & power (CHP) boiler linked to under-floor heating, zoned heating controls, passive solar design (Deep Lock House, St Matthew’s Place, Widcombe – bookings only, Saturday only)
- Victorian detached house – featuring external wall insulation, solar water heating – external tours only with indoor information display (Calton Road, Widcombe – accessed from Alexandra Rd, Sunday only)
- Grade II listed Regency townhouse – featuring solar PV, solar thermal roof tiles, solar water heating, refurbished sash windows & shutters (Elm Place, Bloomfield Road, Bear Flat)
- 1960s bungalow featuring micro-CHP boiler, solar PV, low energy lighting, wood stove (St John’s Road, Bathwick, Sunday only)
For more information or to book, visit www.bathgreenhomes.co.uk, email email@example.com or phone 01225 477528
Volunteers urgently needed!
Volunteers are still needed to help out or be ‘reserve’ stewards. If you are free on the Saturday or Sunday even for a few hours, please contact Fiona Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07875 986399
Bath Green Homes is a community project organised by Transition Bath, Bath & North East Somerset Council and Bath Preservation Trust.